You Have Found It

Taking things far too seriously...except when we don't.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

On Sanctifying One's Misery

Watching the Bulldogs lose is causing me great pain.  So I am going to share something that elevates the pain to a higher level.

I have an intense affection for chant, the older the better, and as fond as I am of Gregorian, I recently got reintroduced by the author of the wonderful blog Skookum Veritas (y'all should follow it!) to Old Roman chant.  It makes me happy.  Thus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFzgfCzfSQg -- freaking awesome.  And kind of jazzy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAxJbqTCr3M -- first half Latin second half Arabic all halves wonderful.

There are very few genres I can listen to while being productive, but Old Roman is one of them.  Additionally it is capable of embodying very well the sense of slow pulverizing mournfulness that fills one's soul when one's favorite basketball team loses horrifically to a man named Jimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment